Free Online Course Title: Medical Emergencies: Airway, Breathing, and Circulation
Free Online Course Offered by: University of Colorado
Approximate Time To Complete Course: 12 hours
Course Level: Beginner
Student Outcome After Completing Course: 68% received a tangible career benefit
Learning Method: 100% online
In this course, you will develop the knowledge and skills to assess and stabilize certain types of patients for transport. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
1) assess a basic medical patient
2) describe general pharmacologic principles and the skills associated with medication administration,
3) explain airway physiology, the assessment of the airway and available interventions for airway management,
4) identify, assess and formulate a plan to stabilize a patient with a respiratory emergency for transport,
5) identify, assess and formulate a plan to stabilize a patient with a cardiovascular emergency for transport, and
6) describe the most common neurologic and endocrine emergencies and what you can do for them as an EMT.
This course is a primer for the cardiovascular, respiratory, and urinary systems in which students learn the pertinent details of the structures and functions through a combination of lectures, videos, labeling activities and quizzes.