- Invisible Man
- 2 oz (45 mL) gin, ½ oz (15 mL) brandy, ½ oz (15 mL) triple sec (optional), 2 oz (60 mL) orange juice, 3 oz (90 mL) ginger ale.
- Add ingredients to a highball glass with ice. Fresh squeezed orange juice is recommended for best flavor.
- Irish Car Bomb
- First pour a shot (30 mL) of an Irish Whiskey such as Jameson or Tullamore Dew into a glass, and add about a pint (568 mL) of Irish beer such as Guinness or Murphy’s. Drop a shot (30 mL) of Irish Cream such as Bailey’s (including the shot glass) into the glass of beer. Immediately drink the mix.
- The Guinness beer and Irish Cream Liqueur will curdle together as soon as they make contact. The Irish Carbomb should be completely drunk before the drink has completely curdled. If done correctly, an Irish Carbomb should taste chocolatey.
- Irish Coffee
- Strong black coffee, brown sugar, whiskey, very lightly whipped cream.
- Put a metal spoon in a wine glass and pour in the hot coffee. Leave about 1.5 cm space above the coffee. The spoon helps to prevent the glass cracking. Mix two teaspoons (10 mL) of sugar and the whiskey into the coffee, and remove the spoon. The amount of sugar can be suited to the drinker. Also, the more sugar in the coffee, the easier the final step is. Hold a tablespoon upside down over the glass, and slowly pour the cream over the back of the spoon onto the surface of the coffee mixture. It should float.
- Irish Rootbeer Float
- In a chilled glass mug: 1 part rootbeer (preferably a frothy, flavourful variety), 1 part Bailey’s Irish Cream, 1 part vodka.
- The recipe is not written in stone, and the ratio may be adjusted to taste without compromising the overall flavor of the beverage. The Even-more Irish Rootbeer Float is a variation in which some, or all of the vodka is substituted with whiskey. Whilst a minor variation, it does result in a definitively different drink. The flavor is richer and more caustic and far less conducive to first-time drinkers. It does stay truer to its namesake, however. It comprises: 1 part rootbeer, 1 part Bailey’s Irish Cream, 1 part whiskey (or a mixture of some part whiskey, some part vodka).
- Irish Trash Can
- Served in chilled bar glass or mug: Fill the glass ½ to ¾ full of ice. Add 1 straw.
- Add 1 shot of each of the following clear wells. Vodka, Rum, Gin, Tequila ,& Triple Sec. Next drizzle in 1 shot of Blue Curaçao, covering all of the ice cubes. Now dump one 8 oz can Red Bull energy drink upside down into the glass, allowing it to float. Drink through the straw, and as you desire, lift the can of Red Bull to replenish the drink.
Receive a free certificate of completion for completing this course! Pass a 50-question test on this course with a score of 70 or higher and receive a certificate of completion. Visit our Bartending Certificate of Completion Program page for more information.
The text for this course is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.